Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Finishing a project...

This is a line from Robert Frost's "Stopping By Woods On a Snowy Evening."

The needle-felted, winter poetry wall hanging is nearing the finish mark.  I think I can put the needle down  As I was felting the bottom lines of lettering, Nancy S. asked if I was going to embellish the snowflakes with beads.  I said, "No," without really thinking.  Once she planted that thought, though, I couldn't shake it.  I immediately started "re-thinking" that decision.  "Well, it probably would add a nice touch of glitter if I did."  Hmmm....

So, at that point I wasn't as close to the finish mark as I had hoped.  Last night I decided it was time to finish felting three words...and then tackle sewing on the beads.  They are silver, and just add a touch of sparkle, thanks to Nancy.  I'm pleased.

My neighbor has an idea for a way to frame it...and he's the one who will make it.  That will be fun.  It may be a while before the project is completely finished... but it's getting closer.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I like it!

    Glad that you added some sparkle to the snowflakes. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I LOVE the frosty beads!! good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah ....the beads were a good move! You have smart friends. :::wink:::

    ReplyDelete