Monday, February 8, 2016

Progress in purple


I finally reached the color change in this skein of yarn.  Yahoo.  The Brickless scarf is coming right along, but because I continue to add more stitches to the needles, it is taking considerably longer to complete a few rows!  I'm liking the transition to purple a lot. 

Oh yeah, and of course I watched the Super Bowl, and am thrilled that the Broncos won the champion title.  With all the hype about the Panthers, and how everyone was betting in their favor, I was worried about the game. (I saw them in the playoffs, and they were impressive.)  But, if anything, this game showed how awesome the Denver defense really is, as it took Newton right out of playing the way he's used to. I never would have guessed that Denver would take the lead and keep it throughout the game.  The fact that they got an offensive touchdown and a 2 pt. conversion at the very end was good frosting on the cake!  I'm happy for Manning and the Broncos!!  Way to persevere through the challenges of the season!

6 comments:

  1. I love the contrast with your brick less color change. I rooted for Payton all the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is certainly a long color change. Love that the Broncos defense was krptonite to Newton's Superman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf is going to be great. Didn't pay close attention to the Super Bowl, but was rooting for the Old Man. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scarf is going to be beautiful - it looks like it will be more purple than white though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's truly a shame that the media focuses on Cam Newton's meltdown and not the celebration of a defense well played.

    Congrats to your Broncos. I'm sitting here thinking that NEXT year is the year for my Philadelphia Eagles. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a beautiful wave...I so admire a good knitter. I could never master the art myself. Cant wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete