Saturday, September 28, 2013

Snowtember

The snow measured 5.5 inches.

Yes, they've dubbed it "Snowtember" with this unusual storm.  I saw on the news that in Riverton we've not had snow in September since the year 2000.  A good heavy snow is welcomed moisture, but with the leaves still on the trees, it usually means we will lose tree limbs. 








A lot of destruction of this sort was reported, such as big limbs coming down on vehicles and rooftops.  So, we've got a lot of clean-up happening in every neighborhood.







As the temps got warmer, more branches snapped.


To add to the "excitement," we also lost electrical power.  Mine was out from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  I was SO THANKFUL when it came back on. 





Sunny skies are in the forecast for the next couple days...

Makes you wonder what kind of winter we're going to have.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I wonder about the Winter to come, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu and Nancy..IM SO SORRY. Im not ready for snow although I love the stuff in December ...
    here's to long lived limbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy! I remember being on a plane in Denver one September and being de-iced. It's too early for winter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, after a crazy summer for me, I'm guessing a crazy winter for you. The snow on the trees looks so beautiful. It's a shame it is so destructive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is so crazy! I had no idea that was going on. It's been so hot in LA for the most part, I'm just hoping for some fall. The poor trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder about winter too, Nancy! Here in the PNW we are having a big windstorm this weekend. My power flickered on and off three times yesterday, but thankfully never stayed off. Hoping I get through tonight! Things are supposed to die down starting tomorrow. We went from 80 degrees to 60 in about a week around here.

    ReplyDelete