Thursday, July 9, 2015

Horse'n around?

I taught another needle-felting class - a petroglyph wall hanging - in Thermopolis. 

Another petroglyph from the Ring Lake area.
BUT, on the way, my friend Leane and I saw the Budweiser Clydesdales (in the trucks) parked in Shoshoni.

Heads turned.  Mouths dropped.  Eyes widened.  Errrrchhhhh.  U-turn back to the parking lot.   2 semis. 12 horses.  And the handlers/crew seemed to be OK with a few of us travelers stopping and taking a look at these beautiful, well-trained Clydesdales. They had been in Cody, WY for the 4th of July parade, and they were now on their way to Ft. Collins, CO.









"What's Up?  Got a carrot??"


Leane with Archy.


Leane recognized the trainer - yes, the guy that trains the horses for the Budweiser commercials.  He actually lives in Dubois, WY, about an hour from me!  Here he is...I tried to be nonchalant about taking his picture.  But I don't think I probably appeared that way.  I believe his name is Robin Wiltshire.





3 comments:

  1. Great photos of a chance happening. I'm glad you turned around to check out the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! Love those horses...so majestic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! They are such beautiful horses. Big, too!

    ReplyDelete