Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hot temps and high winds


For all of you in the western states...I'm hoping you're enjoying the hot summer temps!  We also had 60 mph winds a few days ago, and the tumble weeds were blowing across the hot plains like I've never seen before.  Wall, after wall, after wall of weeds blew across the road; nearly every car sported a tumble weed for a hood ornament.  I had quite a session of cleaning out the grill of my car!

Then I saw the fence-line along my access road...oh my gosh.  It was filled with tumbleweeds. 

5 comments:

  1. I, for one, am NOT enjoying the hot summer temps. NW Oregon is not supposed to feel like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that wind something else? Yikes!

    Remember when Shoshoni had piles of tumble weeds in he Spring? The residents were afraid someone would carelessly throw out a cigarette and the whole town would go up in flames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you'll be cleaning up MORE tumbleweeds! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so THATs where they come from. I remember seeing them when we drove through Wyoming. I loved your state

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved watching the tumbleweeds when I was on the Prairies....what exactly are they?

    ReplyDelete