Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hitchhiker Scarf #2


I had to start another Hitchhiker Scarf.  This time I'm knitting it in Zephyr Wool-Silk (50%/50%) on size 2 needles.  I'm halfway finished, and oh, it's really soft to work with. The color is garnet, but in my opinion, it's a pretty light garnet.  I was hoping to find a more "Christmasy" red-colored yarn, but this was the closest I could find in Zephyr.  I think it will look pretty festive with the right color of green, white, and/or black.  I'm not sure I'll get it finished for this Christmas, but it will be close.  Maybe it will become a Valentines scarf!

It's an 8 row repeat, and I have added the K2tog and YO's to add a lacy effect.  My friend Julie has added this row on every row 4 of the pattern, and that looks really great too.  I suppose there are many, many modifications that would look wonderful on this Hitchhiker pattern. I'm thinking I may want to try a couple more new designs/modifications using the other colors that are in my stash.

How are your last minute knitting projects coming along?  Will they be finished by Christmas?

3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful creation!

    No Christmas knitting for me this year, but I do have several projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Christmas knitting for me either. I don't need that kind of pressure.

    I'm knitting a Wingspan for myself and I'd like to have it done for Sunday when we are going to a concert, but if it doesn't get done, that's fine too.

    Your Hitchhiker is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, and I liked it so much I just got the pattern. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete