Monday, December 17, 2012

My Christmas Village


A few photos of my Christmas Village seem appropriate for a December post.  The buildings remind me of my first look at English architecture back in the mid '70's. I especially liked the look of Elizabethan half-timbering.  I fell in love with it immediately.  England's quaint villages, huge cathedrals, and stone fences all spoke to me like fine poetry.   I'm also reminded of cold winters, outdoor activities, rosy cheeks, hot cocoa, savory smells from the kitchen,
warm fireplaces, and family traditions.  There is peace and warmth in these images.  They prompt melodies of Christmas carols running through my mind like sleds  twisting through wooded vales.

3 comments:

  1. Love the figurative language in the last sentence as much as I love your village scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you display your village is just beautiful. It looks so peaceful and festive.
    Rebel Follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute .... you have just given me some inspiration. Not going to tell you what it is right now, but check my blog in a few days and you just might see. ;-)

    Merry Christmas ---- your village is quite festive.

    ReplyDelete