Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sweater Shawl

I thought that was an interesting name for a garment.  Nancy S. sent me the link to this pattern, and once I saw it, I couldn't resist.  I looked through my stash...certainly I had something that would be the ticket.  I found one skein that had been waiting for about 3 years to be picked for a project. I thought it would be perfect!  However, I needed another skein to have enough yardage.  Hmmm.

I got on-line and I was fortunate enough to find another skein of the same color.  I took a chance, ordered it, received it, and it's going to work just fine!!  So the project is on the needles! 


The "body" starts out with 2 1/2 inches of ribbing and then begins the Lofty Brioche Stitch.  I have never seen or tried this stitch before, but I think it's fantastic.  More on what this garment is going to look like later...

4 comments:

  1. Glad that you liked the pattern.

    The yarn is perfect for this project. Do you mind sharing the yarn details?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plymouth Yarn, called Mushishi (95% Wool, 5% Silk)in Creams.

      Delete
  2. That is gorgeous! I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love the yarn and like you, have always wanted to try the Brioche stitch. Is it difficult?

    ReplyDelete