Friday, December 20, 2013

Akaroa

The next morning ( Nov. 12, 2013) the ship arrived in Akaroa, NZ.  The boat was anchored in the bay, and we were instructed that we would be "tendered" to the dock.  OK, this was a new term for me.  So, when it was our turn, Janet, Greg, and I got on a tender (a small boat that ferried us to the dock). 

Just as we were getting ready to leave, the captain of our tender said, "I am Costas, your Captain...blah, blah, blah."  Admittedly, after I heard the name Costas, I didn't recognize another thing he said.  It WAS Costas, the handsome  Greek Captain we'd seen on the bridge tour.  I turned to Janet and told her I was going to be brave and bold...and when we got to the dock, I was going to ask Costas if he would take a picture with me.  All I could think of was how funny it would be to show Enid that I got my picture!!

Of course I had to wait until everyone found their way off the tender...but I waited...and got my chance.  Costas was very gracious.  So, gals, here he is. 

OK, now on to the beautiful town of Akaroa.  It's only a town of about 1,000 people.  It was quaint and beautiful, and we had a lovely time shopping and walking around town.

The tender is at the end of the dock (orange and white).

Boats in the bay at Akaroa.

Here's where we had lunch, a fish and chips special.

The view from our table.
We found really good shopping here at the "Fire and Ice."

More to come...

5 comments:

  1. :::swoon::: That photo of Costas was worth the wait. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Costas is very handsome.

    Akaroa looks like a fun town to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so glad you got his picture and shared the goodness with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'd like my picture taken with Costas too :) I'm enjoying reading about your adventures, Nancy, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about them from Greg when I see him next week! Hope you have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa a hunky captain, and NZ? Now that's a trip.

    Have a wonderful Christmas.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete