Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Yet another art class?

Yes, indeed, three of us traveled 60 miles for another painting/partying class.  The teacher/artist was from Casper.  Artisan Alley hosts these painting classes in Casper very regularly, and then they take their show on the road and provide classes in various towns across the state once a month. 


This is my painting.


And here are my artsy friends, Jane and Connie, with their paintings.

Had a great day, having a lovely drive, tasty lunch, fun class, and a bit of shopping. 

 I should have taken a picture of the following, but I didn't: We went into an antique shop, and they had a rare square-shaped grand piano that dates back to Abe Lincoln's presidency.  The piano has quite a story, and it quite remarkable that it found its way to WY where it got lots of tender care and rebuilding.  If you asked the proprietor, you could play it.  I asked, and she said, "Yes, please do."  So, I got to play a piano that dates back to the mid 1800's.  Cool.  I'll get a picture next time.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun-filled day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting! That piano would have been photo worthy for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what is prettier than a dandelion ready to wish with. I'm so happy you played the piano that was historic and unique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute painting!!! :-)

    That is SO cool that you got to play that unique piano.

    ReplyDelete