Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday's musings


I've not been a very good blogger here recently.  I've let other activities take the focus of my creative outlets.  But I'm hoping to get back to a regular schedule, and that plan includes more blogging time. 

I've not been a knitter either.  I don't think I've picked up my needles for nearly two weeks!  Yikes.  "That kind of behavior is NOT contributing to any progress on your lacy scarf," I tell myself, pointing a finger at my nose. I shrug my shoulders; I turn away; I sit at the piano; I promptly forget the reprimand and the knitting.  When I was a teacher, I saw teenagers in the classroom do this, and wonder how they could ignore what seemed so important to me... hmmm...   I get it.

To redeem myself a bit, I'm going to point out that I have been observant.  I spotted a new critter, a little prairie dog, who evidently has taken up residence under the cattle guard at the entrance to my road, coming off the highway.  I don't think he's been living there long, but this was the second time I spotted him.  This time, I saw him pop up out of the grate; I stopped the car; he sat there for a few moments, giving me time to pull out my iPhone and snap a picture through the front windshield.  "Well, little fella, I hope that you are smart and fast.  Living right on the highway could be a hazard. Talk to your realtor."


2 comments:

  1. Soon, you can get back to your routine and knitting. It's good to take a break from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have our down needle time. IT is actually part of the creative process. DOn't worry. You will be happy to knit again.
    That little varmint is darn cute. Do they do any damage?

    ReplyDelete