Monday, September 17, 2012

Got to Knit



I just returned from a FABULOUS trip to The Knitting Guild of America’s Knitting Show in Reno, NV.  It was really great in every way, even the 13.5 hour drive to get there!  While one gal was driving, the other 3 were softly clicking needles under lively conversation.  

Going to a knitting show of this size was perfect, and something I’ve wanted to do for some time.  Everything fell into place, and the plans worked out beautifully. 
We made it!  Julie, Nancy (me), Nancy, and Cheryl sat down for dinner.


Before recording some of the highlights of the trip, I was inspired to write the following:

Knitting

Knitting relaxes me . . . releases me

Needles provide my eager fingers solitary, artistic, purposeful activity

Inspired authors have already worked out the pattern’s fine details

The glorious invitation is to live them

To enjoy the journey

Ingesting the fiber that satisfies the soul

Noting the richness of color, line, and texture

Giving to others of the overflow


1 comment:

  1. It WAS a good trip. Next time, I may take some classes.

    ReplyDelete