Friday, October 5, 2012

Who is at the door?


I read a quote last week that has really kept me pondering its significance.  It was this:

           "I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet." ~ Gandhi

What a profound statement.  The "dirty feet" that got me thinking are those negative mental footprints of anger, hatred, confusion, criticism, condemnation, complaint, stress, worry, or fear that  parade through our thoughts and try to find a place to park if we allow it.  What a great reminder to stay alert at the door of thought.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a great quote to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Says it all doesn't it !
    Thanks for sharing.
    wyogg

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good thing to ponder on EVERY day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need to be more tuned into what we think and say. Ghandi knew what he was talking about! I am going to try harder to make everyday more beautiful. Thanks
    Rebel Follower

    ReplyDelete