Monday, November 5, 2012

Four nights in NYC turned into six...

Hadn't been to NYC in probably 20 years...so when I got the opportunity to visit, I was thrilled I could accept the invitation.  (A fine perk of being retired!) Who would have thought my visit would coincide with the devastating approach of Hurricane Sandy?

Fortunately, we arrived a couple days before "she" did.  My brother's girlfriend was scheduled to attend a business meeting while there, and we arrived a couple days early to enjoy the city.


We caught a cab to our hotel on Broadway near Times Square.


After checking in, we walked to Victor's Cafe for dinner.  This restaurant features regional Cuban cuisine; it was excellent! 

From there, we walked to the theatre, which meant passing through Times Square. There's so much visual and auditory stimulation!!   For rural folks like me, it's quite exciting...each and every visit.












Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what an adventure!
    wyogg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy you got home safely. It will be interesting to hear all about it.
    Rebel Follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your trip might have been a little more exciting than expected?

    I haven't been to Times Square in years. Last time I was there it was pretty seedy ... looks like it has cleaned up nicely.

    I used to work at 31st and 7th Avenue --- sort of behind Macy's Herald Square, but that was many years ago.

    ReplyDelete