Friday, May 3, 2013

Badlands on the Plains...


I finally finished up some needle-felting I started a couple months ago.  I made a backing/frame out of old cedar remnants for this piece, which was wet-felted, machine-stitched, and needle-felted (in that order).  The hills are felted to look a bit like the badlands near Dubois.  One of my friends gave me a rusted ol' horseshoe, and I am also using a railroad spike I found years ago.  Another friend picked up some rusted barbed wire off her dad's ranch, and I used that to frame the weathered cedar. 

Cutting and bending the barbed wire was tough!!  It was really hard on my hands, so I don't know if I'll do that again.  However, the creative aspect was fun. 

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I like this one better than the other two! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so creative. I love the BADLANDS so it is especially wonderful to me.
    Did it hurt your hands in general, (not the barbed wire part)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you added the spike and barbed wire. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when you were working on this, it really inspired me to start needle felting...

    Great job.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete