Monday, April 28, 2014

2 FO's


The Raised Diamond mat is off the needles.  It has a nice garter stitch border around the edges, so I'm not sure I need a crocheted edge.  However, I still have just enough yarn left that I could put an edge on if I change my mind.


This Juniper needle-felted wool mat was started sometime in December for a class I taught, but I didn't finish it.  So, yesterday seemed like a good day to get the project off my to-do list. 

Yesterday was simply too cold and dreary to be outside!  I even started a fire in the wood stove to take off the chill in the house.  Oh Spring, thou art fickle!

5 comments:

  1. He raised diamonds stitch is pretty. I'll have to remember that one.

    Yesterday was, indeed, chilly! He wind was blowing off of the snowy mountains. Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the berries on your Juniper Mat. Too cute.

    Congrats on both finishes. I don't think your knit mat NEEDS an edge, unless you really want one on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your mats! the felted one is so intriguing!!!
    we are cold inside today; damp and rainy outside. I need a microwave wrap to warm me up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty mat! How'd you make the juniper berries? That's very pretty also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We started a fire, too! That juniper mat is very, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete